FEATURES | SEQUOIA
A House Created by Black Mountain College
Built in 1944 and originally named the Jalowetz Cottage after the German music composer who lived there with his wife, this cottage was built as a Black Mountain College Student Project under the direction of Lawrence Kocher, a modern architect. He inspired his students to work with locally found materials, and to create space that was small in square footage yet felt spacious and inspiring. The cottage has been renovated and added onto over the years with a fantastic deck, master bedroom with jetted tub, gas fireplace, full kitchen and more. The deck overlooks a stream that quietly babbles on its way to our private lake.
- Sleeps 2-6: 2 queen bedrooms, 1 bedroom with 2 single “trundle” style beds / 2 baths
- Gas Indoor Fireplace / Gas Grill on deck
- Full Kitchen with amazing views
- Italian Tiled Jacuzzi Spa Tub
- DVD, CD, Stereo
- Linens & towels provided
- Washer / Dryer
- Central Heat & A/C
- Great Deck & yard
- Just 5 minutes from downtown Black Mountain
- Just 20 minutes from downtown Asheville
PRICES & AVAILABILITY
- 2 night minimum
- 50% deposit required upon reservation.
- $230 a night for up to 6 people
- $1,500 per week.
- Dogs ONLY upon approval. Fee $40 per dog (up to 3 days), $60 per week per dog.
- Subject to 6% Buncombe County Room tax
To view standard terms and conditions – CLICK HERE.
AVAILABILITY | SEQUOIA
Dates with a colored bar are already reserved and unavailable for rental.
While we try to update regularly, since we list our lodgings on several online reservation sites we cannot guarantee that the below calendar is completely current. Please call (855) 525-3336 x 1 or submit an inquiry in the form to the right for up to date info!