FEATURES | ALBERS COTTAGE
Built around 1947, this cottage was constructed as a Black Mountain College faculty lodging. It is believed to be the only house ever designed by Josef Albers, the famed artist who taught for many years at the school after leaving the Bauhaus School in Germany. The cottage has been renovated and added onto over the years with a deck, 4 bedrooms, full kitchen and more. The deck overlooks a private yard next to a stream that quietly babbles on its way to our private lake.
- Sleeps 2-8: 4 bed / 2 bath
- 1 king bedroom downstairs
- 2 queen bedrooms on main level
- 2 singles in annex bedroom (accessed through queen room)
- Gas Grill on deck
- Full Kitchen
- Linens & towels provided
- Washer / Dryer
- Central Heat & A/C
- Great Deck & yard
- Private firepit
- Just 5 minutes from downtown Black Mountain
- Just 20 minutes from downtown Asheville
PRICES & AVAILABILITY
- 2 night minimum.
- 50% deposit required upon reservation.
- $230 a night for up to 8 people
- $1,500 per week.
- Dogs ONLY upon approval. Fee $40 per dog (up to 3 days), $60 per week per dog.
- Subject to 6% Buncombe County Room tax
For standard terms and conditions CLICK HERE.
AVAILABILITY | ALBERS COTTAGE
Dates with a colored bar are already reserved and unavailable for rental.
(While we try to update regularly, since our lodgings are listed on several online reservation sites we cannot guarantee that the below calendar is completely current. Please call (855) 525-3336 x 1 or fill out the form to the right for up to date info!)